I love a good internet surf. You never know what you will find. Today, I stumbled on a website dedicated to all things phobic. Phobias. I have them. I know a few. Some are common, some are unusual, some are odd and just plain weird. Some are downright funny. I learned about some phobias that I never dreamed existed, but they do. Here are a few of the phobias that stood out for me. You will see why.
- Pentheraphobia – fear of mothers-in-law
- Arachibutyrophobia – fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth
- Linonophobia – fear of string
- Blennophobia – fear of slime
- Geniophobia – fear of chins
- Genuophobia – fear of knees
- Baraphobia – fear of gravity
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia – fear of long words and , for all the children -the next two are your out:
- Lachanophobia – fear of vegetables and
- Clunophobia – fear of going to bed.
Phobias are serious business. They can result in sweating, increased heart rate, chest pain, nausea, stomachaches and panic attacks. I have a fear of heights and water/drowning. I have a friend with Coulrophobia – a fear of clowns. My son, Red, has arachnophobia – a fear of spiders. Phobias can evolve from childhood traumas, unpleasant experiences, tragedies and emotional stress. The fears can be real or imagined. I just don’t understand some. How does someone become fearful of chins or knees? Mothers -in-law? I am not questioning that one!
- The 15 Weirdest Phobias of All Time (purpleslinky.com)
- The Fundamentals of Phobias (everydayhealth.com)
- Facing Fears (mumuncher.wordpress.com)
- I Fear To Think- 20 Strange Phobias (bloggoschloggo.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Unbearable Phobias (Fear) (cmaankur.wordpress.com)
- Weird and wonderful phobias… (totalrandommadness.wordpress.com)
- Don’t give in to phobias (healthindex.co.uk)
- Phobias (confidenceiseverything.wordpress.com)